Grandfather - WBP

In Axis & Allies Revised I asked - To whom do you dedicate your game? Make your dedication here
Wazzup

Grandfather - WBP

Post by Wazzup » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:37 am

I dedicate my game to my grandfather, who not only fought in the war, but learned about all apsects of the war. He is a Historian, one of the truely unbiased historians and humanitarians in the world. He first joined the RAF, lying about his age when he was 16, told them he was 18. When they discovered his eyes weren't as good as they should be (he wore some of the first contact lenses made) he was shipped back to Washington state. He then joined the Navy and was immediately shipped out to the pacific, where they utilized his intelligence and ability to understand (even speak a bit of) Korean, Russian, and Japanese languages.

He continues to travel the world today, offering his knowledge and intellect to make the world a better place to live for everyone, but more specifically Russians, Canadians, Icelandians, Norweigians, Alaskans, Greenlandians (lol.. not sure if this is spelled right), and pretty much anyone who lives in the Arctic regions of the world.

When he speaks of his stories, he reminds us of how close the war was almost lost, his eyes begin to swell, tears forming, but not enough to dribble down his face. He reminds us of the true patriotism that the country felt, truely united people standing for liberty and freedom. He reminds us that war was waged not based on greed, excuses, or economic freedom, but war waged out of necessity for individual liberty for millions of people and their scions in the world. This war was waged to make the world a safer and better place.

When my grandfather's time comes, the world will miss his presence. For now, I cherish the moments we have together.

Thank you Larry for allowing us make our dedications.

Leo

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:43 am

Oh... thank you. That was both beautiful and interesting. Cool guy, your Grandfather.

Wazzup

Post by Wazzup » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:05 pm

Thank you for you kind words. He is one of the most interesting persons one would ever know.

sharonware

Re: Grandfather - WBP

Post by sharonware » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:22 am

Oh! really its a very good news and your grandfather is a nice guy.

Thanks
Ayesha