Atomic Bomb Rule

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
timerover51

Atomic Bomb Rule

Post by timerover51 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:41 am

On this 70th Anniversary of the first use of the Atomic bomb at Hiroshima, I am curious as to why an Atomic Bomb rule was never added to the game. Xeno Games version of Axis and Allies has one, and the game does have jet fighters and rockets (V-2) in the Weapons Development Rules, so I have never understood why there was not or is not an Atomic Bomb Rule.

Imperious leader

Re: Atomic Bomb Rule

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:39 pm

It was added to classic, known as heavy bombers tech
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

timerover51

Re: Atomic Bomb Rule

Post by timerover51 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Well, tomorrow will be the 70th anniversary of the Nagasaki attack, using the Plutonium-based "Fat Man" verses the Uranium-based "Little Boy" at Hiroshima. Then there is the March 9-10 medium altitude fire bomb attack on Tokyo that may have caused more casualties that Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. All three caused sufficient damage to effectively eliminate any Industrial Center in the cities involved. For that sort of damage, either a much more destructive Strategic Bombing Rule seems to be in order, or some sort of rule for permanently eliminating an Industrial Center.

Similarly, there should be a rule for the USSR to move Industrial Centers from its borders to the Ural Mountain area, as that was historically done. I spent tome time talking with a friend of mine who runs a medium-sized machine shop, and based on his comments, as long as the machine tools have power, and are kept out of rain and snow, they can operate fine, and under some conditions even better than in a factory building. I keep having grave doubts about that Industrial Center in Karelia, as that is way to easy for the Germans to get at. Note, the normal game we play is still Classic. I view that as the best A&A game, especially for new players.