Waiting for Stalingrad/Barbarossa

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
AC

Waiting for Stalingrad/Barbarossa

Post by AC » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:10 am

Hey larry. I just bought spring 1942. I now own 10 axis and allies variants and have been playing strong since I was 9 years old. I have decided to hold off on anymore until Stalingrad comes out. Can you please give us all a hint regarding what's next? Love the games.

LyrandisX

Re: Waiting for Stalingrad/Barbarossa

Post by LyrandisX » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:56 pm

AC wrote:Hey larry. I just bought spring 1942. I now own 10 axis and allies variants and have been playing strong since I was 9 years old. I have decided to hold off on anymore until Stalingrad comes out. Can you please give us all a hint regarding what's next? Love the games.
It is the Civil War and a possible rerelease of WW1

Don't ever expect a non-USA Axis and Allies game, ever

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 pm

If anybody could pull off a non-USA A&A game like Verdun, Kursk, or, even a Stalingrad/Barbarossa its got to be Larry. If it helps there was probably lend lease stuff from the U.S.A. at Stalingrad(heaven forbid the Russians from EVER ever admitting that), thanks, enjoy the link, Pellulo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk
Pellulo

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 am

Problem with Kursk is that the Soviets knew eveything the Germans were going to do thanks to British intelligence.

It only becomes a game if you remove this factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22xpNBJCS4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhLHPFrGfy8

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Even thought the Soviets lost more overall than the Axis, they could replace it, the Germans could never do that, thus no 1944 offensive. Maybe a battle with more sincere goals, or, one with an incredible overwhelming victory conditions for the Axis powers, still it could quite be an interesting game, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

AC

Post by AC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:36 am

I agree. Kursk would be awesome. I think history has shown that Stalin interpreted his own intelligence. The guy was an intelligence officer's worst nightmare. I'm sure Sorge would agree.

TheoMav

Post by TheoMav » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 am

I agree! I would buy two copies, one for my collection & one as the playing copy! The Stalingrad one sounds like it would be like a D-Day type scenario.

Theo!

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Problem with Kursk is that the Soviets knew eveything the Germans were going to do thanks to British intelligence.
Perhaps its possible to have a new style setup. The Germans and Soviets set up a core force ( fixed) then the Germans set up their armor and air anyway they like and the Soviets set up their units as they like. That way it shows that the Soviets are reacting to how the Germans place.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.