Axis & Allies Victory Conditions

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Flashman

Re: Axis & Allies Victory Conditions

Post by Flashman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Larry wrote:
And finally... Thank you Flashman for one more of your many suggestions on how Axis & Allies should be changed or altered to make it so much better than it is. I must admit that often after reading something you post here I find myself stopping in my tracks and saying to myself ... “Oh... that’s an interesting idea... naaa.”
See, you so nearly get it right. If only you hadn't gone naaa in the past 1914 would never have needed potential tournament rules. Though, to be fair, the fact that you cannot use captured production centres shows that you do listen more than you sometimes let on. It definitely makes that version more authentic.

How is the new Conquest going? I've just finished a new version of the map which clears up all the rough edges; just perfect at 50 provinces, and no need for Illyricum or Cottae.

By the way, I'm open to a truce on us trading insults too. If only you understood ironic Brit humour...

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 pm

I prefer ironic Brit sex but without the women's clothing thing. :lol:

Conquest is kind of at an impasse. Thank you for your inquire. I was, and still am to a lesser extent, considering publishing this game on my own. Perhaps doing a Kickstarter. The problem is I would need to raise over $100,000 bucks to do it right. That might be a bit too ambitious. I did figure out that if 1500 people sent me $70 each and in return I sent them a $90.00 game I could pull this off. Going in this “independent” direction, in other words being my own publisher, would allow me to get a lot more of my games published.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:59 pm

What about your Civil War game?

Come on...
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I told you IL... I hate the idea of a Civil War game. Too much bloodshed. :lol:

AC

Post by AC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 am

Civil War would be awesome!!! War of independence would also be good.

I believe in you larry. I would pay the $70.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:07 am

Great AC... So let me write that down... onnnnnnne.

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Really what Imperator is talking about is some type of scoring system that allow for a marginal victory for the Axis if they are able to stymie/hold out long enough against the Allies. A theoretical surrender that is less than an unconditional surrender.

My group has played on and off (and is again playing right now) a game in which there is a graduated VP system that eventually starts to narrow down after a specific time frame to a certain score. It allows for the Axis to earn a victory if the Allies are too slow in prosecuting the offensive action and/or the Allies stumble in their attacks along the way.

This is a way for the game to continue on even though the ultimate fate is clear. It gives the Axis incentive to come up with innovative strategies to gain key places or areas to slow the Allies. It gives extra game play value in that you still have a chance to win, even if it is a settled peace- so to speak. Much can still be learned in games like this.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Id pay $120 and get 6 copies as usual. Larry just do a kick-starter for this game. Many here know contacts from China to produce most any AA style game.

April 9th, 2015 150th year anniversary of the end of the war. It's a no brainer!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.