AMERIKA game: Plastic minis and so much more!

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Variable

AMERIKA game: Plastic minis and so much more!

Post by Variable » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm

We at HBG have been fans of Larry and his work for a long time. A&A has more than inspired our passion for games, it's been a staple in the game closet and family game night for as long as I can remember.

HBG developed a new game called AMERIKA which we were able to demo at GenCon this year. Different from A&A, it is a game with lots of cool plastic minis. We had a lot of lookers from the A&A camp and lot of support from friends there. Thank you guys!

The game is currently being offered on Kickstarter in order to acquire the funding needed to produce the game. Half way there, we still need a bunch of help to make it successful. We have less than 3 weeks left!

In AMERIKA, we had a little fun with history to make a scary/fun/interesting/sci-fi scenario where the Allies are being defeated, and the Axis forces are invading North America from two sides! The game will feature 24 new sculpts in familiar colors and sizes that would make great tech pieces in any game. Full info below.

Would be interested in Larry's thoughts as well as everyone else's! Thanks for your time everyone.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859357440/amerika

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HB ... _1353.html

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144253/amerika

Pete E

Re: AMERIKA game: Plastic minis and so much more!

Post by Pete E » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi Larry,
AMERIKA looks like a great game and I'm sure I'll buy a copy when it's available. But here's my question:

You have a disclaimer that states, "All information, including but not limited to documents, images, rules or rule sets, or discussions received or posted by HG Design or posted by visitors to this website shall be considered to be the sole property of Harris Game Design."

What does this mean in regards to someone advertising an independent game on your website?
Thanks,
Pete

Variable

Post by Variable » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Hmm, a reasonable question for sure. I hope I have not overstepped? I've seen other games besides Larry's talked about here that are being developed for sale. I'm happy to edit the content if this causes any problem.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Well I guess AMERIKA is my sole property now! That would be good because this is a cool game. In fact these guys are cool guys. I had the pleasure of meeting the HBG guys at Gencon.
I was very impressed with them and their new game.

I’d help them out on Kickstarter, like all of you should, but it seems that I now own the game so why would I support it by sending $$$ to Kickstarter?
Small, hard working and dedicated game developers like this one need our support. Give em a hand if you can.

Larry

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm

I look forward to playing Larry Harris's Amerika.

The land movement rules will be particularly interesting.