AAEUROPE1940 and AAPACIFIC1940 CONFIRMED!!!

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Imperious leader

Re: AAEUROPE1940 and AAPACIFIC1940 CONFIRMED!!!

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:12 pm

http://www.themotorpool.net/v/vspfiles/ ... oundel.jpg

french roundel should look like this above.

Also i think the lines that separate the territories on the map in AA50 and AA42 are not delineated enough. The colors of the lines need a shadow of a different color underneath. People find that its hard to see where they are always connected with glaring lights on the map. The map is really nice, just the lines need more definition.

I love the borders of the sea zones. They are perfect.

Id like to see the German 88 look more like this below:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/449356?size=original

It would be a great improvement ( i am not complaining)
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 pm

questioneer wrote:
Any convoy route stuff???

Any CAP rules (I hope not)???

If ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada?

What countries will have their own sculpts?

Will the neutrals have sculpts (pieces) or just use other Allied pieces?

Please forgive me if you have already answered these in some way. :(

Larry, could you answer these for me?

Also, thanks for sharing all this info on these great games coming up, its been really cool. :D I'm enjoying the all the conversations on the development of these games or what is done already. My questions are fewer since so many of them have been answered. :o

You have really exceeded my expectations of AAE40 and AAP40. I knew you were going to remake them but I had no idea you were making them this grand- Awesome!!! :D

When is the earliest time that we will we see some pics on these games??? :D

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:34 am

Any convoy route stuff??? Yes. I don’t want to get into the mechanics just yet.

Any CAP rules (I hope not)???. Sort of… An island can launch aircraft (fighters and Tac bombers to its surrounding sea zone and attack or defend in a battle if the island has an airbase.

If ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada? Canada… Oh Canada… All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player, however. ANZAC forcers, in AAP40 have a different status due to its relative power and influence in the region. Canada would probably prove to be too small a power in the European side of the map and there really is no need to have another Allied player represented in the Europe game.

What countries will have their own sculpts? They all will to some extent, except perhaps Canada. They should have had their own style helmets... :D

Will the neutrals have sculpts (pieces) or just use other Allied pieces? They will be represented by units from the aggressor’s opposing alliance.

Please forgive me if you have already answered these in some way. No problem. I just hope I answered them in the same way. :wink:

My friend Krieghund pointed out to me earlier today that I made a mistake when describing how Tac Aircraft work. I erroneously made reference to an earlier design direction. I stated that Tactical bombers select targets during sea battles. This rule ended up on the editing room floor, but I guess got stuck in my head. The fact is tactical bombers now have, what is called, Air Superiority... Fighters can be matched up with Tac bombers. A matched up set of these aircraft increases the tac bomber's attack number from 3 to 4. This same aircraft can also be matched up with tanks during land battles and attack at 4. NOTHING GETS PAST THIS GUY. - Thanks K.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:46 am

What types of new technology are in this thing?

Also, how do you sway the neutrals toward axis or allies?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 am

I don't know yet... At least not to the point where I could answer this question definitively.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 am

Regarding fighter-bombers, I once had the idea (from reading about Midway) that FBs based on carriers have to nominate which kind of weaponry they're carrying - bombs or torpedos. Torps can target individual ships, but the fighters carrying them are more vulnerable. They CAN switch in mid battle, but have to use up a turn rearming.

I'm not convinced by blockhouses at this scale. This was a war of movement, and fortifications were generally ineffective; Maginot? Singapore?

Gibraltar only held because Franco wouldn't play ball with Hitler, and Malta could've been taken easily if Hitler had diverted resources to it, as most of his generals wanted.

I try not to be too hard on Larry, and my comments are not meant to be personal. I hope I contribute as many positive suggestions as negative comments. However, there are many things in what Larry has said so far to make me genuinely exited about how these versions are shaping up.

jim010

Post by jim010 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 am

If ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada? Canada… Oh Canada… All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player, however. ANZAC forcers, in AAP40 have a different status due to its relative power and influence in the region. Canada would probably prove to be too small a power in the European side of the map and there really is no need to have another Allied player represented in the Europe game.

What countries will have their own sculpts? They all will to some extent, except perhaps Canada. They should have had their own style helmets...
Thanks for the explanation. If the Canadians have their own control markers, I assume that they are thier own colour?

Also, I am still wondering what made you decide to go with 1940 after Dunkirk ... why was 1939 dropped? Can a 1939 set-up be provided, or would it be included down the road?
Also, how do you sway the neutrals toward axis or allies?

Larry

I don't know yet... At least not to the point where I could answer this question definitively.

I take this to mean there are no neutrals in AAP40? Siam, Mongolia, etc?

And what will the major powers be doing while they are neutral?

Cheers
Last edited by jim010 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pain? Pain is like love ... like compassion. It is a thing for lesser men. What is pain to Doom?" Doctor Doom

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:55 am

Larry wrote:Thanks K.
No, thank you, Larry. I'm only glad that I can be of assistance.