AAEUROPE1940 and AAPACIFIC1940 CONFIRMED!!!

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Flashman

Re: AAEUROPE1940 and AAPACIFIC1940 CONFIRMED!!!

Post by Flashman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Some thoughts on a new Pacific:

"China" as a single power seems unwieldy; it was a country split into factions, which is partly why it was so ineffective in war. I prefer a US controlled KMT, and a Soviet backed CCP which are as hostile to each other as to the Japanese...

ANZACS as a power?
This hardly seems historical, as these countries were under UK control until spring '42 and then under the command of MacArthur's SWPC. (In standard A&A they should be under US control).

Netherlands as a power? They certainly had more territory and income from Asia than France.

Oil - the Japanese strategy was based largely on the determination to grab raw materials that were being denied to them by Allied blockade, hence the grab for the East Indies and Burma. Some kind of supply rules for Japan seems appropriate, even if the Allies were never likely to go short.

I remain unconvinced by the link-up idea, why not just have a bigger board with the whole world on it?

On neutral forces, is there really a need to have neutral pieces as such? Divide the neutrals into spheres of influence, so that when each is attacked the opposite alliance player into whose sphere it falls immediately gets control, and places it's own pieces on the board to represent the neutral's forces. The country is then treated as part of that player's territory for the rest of the game.

Finally, I am colour-blind. Please have fewer browns/reds/tans/beiges/yellows as these are hard to tell apart for me. Japan would be lovely in purest white.

jim010

Post by jim010 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Long time since I asked Larry questions. Way back when Don's forum was still around.

Where can I petition to have the Italians have theri own fleet sculpts, and to give the British the KGV battleship sculpt?

And why start in the middle of the conquest of France? Why not just go back 1 more turn and start in 1939?

Is ANZAC controlled by UK like China is controlled by US?

Since ANZAC is in there, was Canada considered at one point as well?

Will Japan outnumber everybody in fighter 2 to 1 when the games are combined?

Cheers
"Pain? Pain is like love ... like compassion. It is a thing for lesser men. What is pain to Doom?" Doctor Doom

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:22 pm

The following illustrates possible spheres of influence governing neutral countries from 1939. If attacked, the countries concerned become controlled by the following power from the opposing alliance:

Spheres of Influence table: Allies - Axis

Latin American Countries: USA - Italy
Liberia: USA - Italy
Eire: USA - Germany
Denmark/Iceland/Greenland: UK - Germany
Norway/Svalbard: UK - Germany
Sweden: UK - Germany
Belgium & Colonies: France - Germany
Netherlands & Colonies: France - Germany
Switzerland: France - Germany
Spain & Colonies: France - Italy
Portugal & Colonies: France - Italy
Hungary: USSR - Germany
Finland: USSR - Germany
Poland: USSR - Germany
Slovakia: USSR - Germany
Baltic States: USSR - Germany
Romania: USSR - Italy
Bulgaria: USSR - Italy
Yugoslavia: USSR - Italy
Greece: UK - Italy
Turkey: UK - Germany
Iraq: UK - Germany
Iran: UK - Germany
Arab States: UK - Germany
Afghanistan: UK - Germany
Siam: UK - Japan
Mongolia: USSR - Japan

UK takes over French Sphere of Influence if France is defeated

Edit: Sorry - tabs didn't transfer
Last edited by Flashman on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jim010

Post by jim010 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Also, how are neutral USA and Russia treated. Can they buy or move while not at war?

Is there a convoy system? Is it like the previous games?

Cheers
"Pain? Pain is like love ... like compassion. It is a thing for lesser men. What is pain to Doom?" Doctor Doom

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Larry-
Thanks for these two new games! I look forward to playing them when they come out. From what i've read so far you have truely been " noting our comments" and have figured out how to put all the "notes" together to make two great games (AAE&AAP) even better and to be able to combined them even! DUDE!!!
If you make them, I'll buy them!
take care,
Peter (Thoes426 :twisted: )
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Yea how do you sway them to either axis or allies?

I hope spain and Turkey are worth the most. Germany needs more partners in crime!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Larry wrote:
Hey Godfather… go ask your spy.
I got you talking now, why waste a good spy??? :wink:

WE wouldn't need spies if the chimps at WOTC would give us some pics and articles weeks ahead of time like they did back in the the day- like Revised- remember??? :)

Times are tough, especially here in Michigan, so people "gotta do what they gotta do" to get by you know. I consider this payment for that AA50 Reprint coming. So your books are clear with me Larry. :wink:

Answers for the questions were great. Thanks for being so open about these new games. Couple more for the road... :?:

Any convoy route stuff???

Any CAP rules (I hope not)???

If ANZAC gets there own Income, why not Canada?

What countries will have their own sculpts? (Sorry if you answered this already)

Regards,

The Godfather 8) "Your a good kid Lar-ry, a good kid. Your like my own son (if I had one)" :mrgreen:

P.S.
Sweden's space on the board should just be for placing the cheese- that's all. :)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:10 pm

The first strategy for this game will be how to invade and take over Sweden on turn 1.

1) Ignore France and build all transports and men.

2) attack Sweden will all forces on G1, then launch a killer attack on G2

3) promptly surrender as the Axis by turn 4 because you ignored France and Russia.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.