Any New games for 2013 besides AA1914???

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
GoSanchez6

Re: Any New games for 2013 besides AA1914???

Post by GoSanchez6 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:42 am

BTW Flash you were awesome in Clockwork Orange.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm

GoSanchez6 wrote:Never say never Flash. He did Conquest of the Empire and that didn't have any Americans in it. I think doing a Stalingrad game might be a hard one. I personally would much rather see a Kursk game. More space and a lot more unit types.

But everyone knows that America is the new Rome: a Republic that reluctantly takes the world under its benevolent protection.

He's also mooted a Medieval game, which is my home ground, but maybe Warlord of Europe got there first.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 pm

I'd like to see a solitaire version, like ambush. Would also like to finally see an app for mobile phones / tablets. You know, for us folks who have young ones and cant get in face to face games any time soon.

Like my son says, "hom on daddy, its my turn." (son is 3 now). Board games are a no go so far with him, but he plays a mean Angry Birds Star Wars :lol:

What time I do get, it is spent playing Total War, Rome II... Check out heirofcarthage on youtube and feeds from zaript. If they do not set the hook, then go ahead and wait for AA: Mobile.

Cheers!

Seems I lost moderator status...Good, now I can give Larry a hard time again...Like the good ol days. hahahaha.

Hi Larry, see you are still being mean to Pete, yet we still remain loyal fans.. I think...

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:42 am

I think Axis and Allies Anzio has a better chance than Axis and Allies Stalingrad. but I would much much much rather Stalingrad. Axis and Allies Civil War would be awesome. the most interesting thing with it to me is in the Civil War infantry weren't entrenched but if you remember reading the Classic rulebook infantry attack at a 1 and defend at a 2 the increase in defense is because they are considered entrenched in fox holes and defensive positions. Would that change infantry to a 1/1/1/3 unit?
Behold the Power of Yavid

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 am

They were entrenched towards the end of the war. How to represent this? Maybe infantry in an area who do nothing else this turn can be ordered to entrench, giving them defence of 2 as long as they stay put.

This gives a certain dynamic, in that you might have to constantly attack a region preventing the defenders entrenching; neglect this and the war could degenerate into stalemated sieges.

As I suggested earlier, have a large siege artillery unit (moveable only by rail) to bombard entrenched areas and fortified cities.

Or maybe infantry only fight at 2 when defending in cities?

Most Holy

Post by Most Holy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:42 am

Any game with Russians stomping the guts out of Nazi's is something I'd sign up for, make it so Larry! Stalingrad AND Kursk!
My A&A blog: Home of the Dicetruction Podcast and other A&A related nonsense
http://www.dicetruction.blogspot.com

Uncrustable

Post by Uncrustable » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 pm

NATO vs Warsaw Pact: 1965
The Cold war
, with a count down timer for nuclear holocaust.
Conventional warfare leading too...
Tactical nuclear warfare, leading too...
Strategic nuclear warfare, ending with...
Nuclear holocaust.

New markers:
Nuclear fallout

New units:
Mobile artillery
Heavy artillery (replace artillery)
Attack submarines (replace submarines)
Missile submarines, aka 'boomers'

Do away with:
Battleships
Artillery
Submarines

New technologies including; ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile)

:mrgreen:

AC

Post by AC » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Sounds awesome!!!