I MUST GOT IT!!!

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Sergente_nella_neve

I MUST GOT IT!!!

Post by Sergente_nella_neve » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:27 am

Larry, even if I'm etherosexual, I love you!

"To celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Avalon Hill, Axis & Allies is launching its most expansive game ever. The AXIS & ALLIES ANNIVERSARY EDITION will feature the debut of Italy as the third Axis nation, the introduction of the cruiser unit to the naval lineup, and the largest Axis & Allies board to-date measuring 24x46 inches. With over 600 pieces, players will be able to recreate and decide the outcome of WWII like never before. The Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition is designed and developed by Larry Harris, the original designer of Axis & Allies, and will release on October 23, 2008 with an MSRP of $100."

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/pr20080227 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just one thing: please, don't use the fascist symbols for the Italian Regio Esercito! :roll:

If I can help you, I will do with happiness!!!
Creator and Administrator of A&A.IT, the first Italian Community of A&A players on the web

..::Sergente nella neve::..

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 am

Sergente_nella_neve wrote:
Just one thing: please, don't use the fascist symbols for the Italian Regio Esercito!

???? Why not? A red, white and green roundel would make more sense?!?!? The fascist symbol is a representation of that period... its like the germans not having a cross in their control marker... or the americans having an eagle... doesnt make sense.

Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Good news.

Any other new pieces? Like possibly a naval fighter? New territories on the map? More info please :D
Foolish mortals, I will destroy you all!!!
NOT

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:03 pm

I want those branches!

But you can use their war flag which had the crest in the middle. That works for me.

Long Live Italy!

I will create a new Roman Empire and conquer the African continent!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:04 am

For the Italians I would like to see:
- armor: M13/40 (medium tank the most produced by our industry because the heavy tank P40 never go in production);
- artillery: Cannone da 75/18 Modello 37;
- fighters: Macchi M.C.200 "Saetta" (Lightning), I prefer the Reggiane Re.2005 "Saggittario" but it come too late into the war;
- bombers: Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (because unfortunately the four engine heavy bomber Piaggio P.108 was produced in 24 units only);
- destroyers: Soldati class;
- cruisers: Zara class;
- battleships: Littorio class;
- carriers: Aquila;
- subs: 600-Serie Acciaio class.

For the Italians marker I think that the Regia Aeronautica's roundel with the triple fasces could be OK, otherwise a green-white-red border roundel with the Savoia Cross inside but I think that this one will looks not so nice.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Sergente_nella_neve

Post by Sergente_nella_neve » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:03 am

I see that many units in the game are represented with models of 1943 or '44. I see Panthers, Shermans, 105 mm howitzers, P-38, and so on, because only few unit of the 1941 are still "good" for the war of 1944 (someone told T-34 or Zeros fighters?). :D

In 1943 Italy was under siege, and in 1944 was under German or Allied dominion, so only a small number of "modern" units were build. So, because Axis&Allies is a "what if..." game, I think that Italian pieces could be P26/40 tanks, Reggiane Re.2005 fighters and Piaggio P108 bombers, because even if they were build only in few exemplars, they also are the "best" of italian war technology. This wouldn't be an exception: also "class carriers" Shinano or Graf Zeppelin were only ONE carrier (or less) during WW2. :wink:

This is my own opinion about it. 8)

But my question is: what colour will be the new italian pieces??? :?:
Creator and Administrator of A&A.IT, the first Italian Community of A&A players on the web

..::Sergente nella neve::..

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Larry -

1. :shock: WOW!!! :D WHOO HOOO! :D KICK AZZ!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

2. I know from the past you can only give out what info. AH allows you to, so based on that i have a question or two or three :wink: which will not break any confideality clauses, well i hope not.

Will there be cruisers for every nation based on a certian class used by said nations or will there be one style for the allies and one for the axis?

Will there be a new Italian fighter or will Germany and Italy share a common fighter (please say ME 109)?

Will there be Italian Infantry or will that be shared as well?

Any info. that can be told, please do so. You know we are like Lab Rats and crave more and more Pellets/information.

Your investment in advancing this game legacy will soon reap you some more cash from Texas, we like it big and we spend big, so your WIN WIN with this dude!

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler