Next A&A game setting

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.

Which should be the next game?

Stalingrad
42%
Philippines
No votes
North Africa
42%
China
No votes
16%

Total votes: 38

Chairman

Next A&A game setting

Post by Chairman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:28 pm

What should be the next game? An eastern front? More Pacific? Italian based arena? Maybe China?

If anyone else has an option, feel free to post.

Chairman

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:19 am

I think that should be a similar poll already in some topic but it is an interesting question.
Anyway I have voted for “North Africa”, I'll really like to play as Desert Fox against Monty!

>Italian based arena?
Yes, I would like to see some games based on Italian Campaign or Mediterranean scenario as per my previous post in “Talk to Larry Section”.

Talking about Stalingrad, I like if the new A&A instalment will cover an entire campaign and not just only one main WWII single battle (eg. D-Day, Battle of the Bulge and the incoming Guadalcanal) for example some Axis & Allies “Barbarossa” including Siege of Leningrad, Battle of Stalingrad and introducing the opportunity to retreat simulating the “Great Retreat from the Russian Front” (where my Grandfather was) called by Russian “Operation Saturn”.

For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Saturn

Best regards.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:30 am

I included Stalingrad because everyone included it. But yes, I would prefer a whole front, Barbarossa game.

I also thought that a game in the Philippines with options for both 1942 Japanese invasion and 1944 Leyte Gulf operations would cool.

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:40 am

I have maps that I drew on paper for Italy (Husky/Avalanche), China, North Africa, East Indies, Battle of Britain, 1939, and even a plan for basketball court sized map set in May 1941. Other ideas include redone D-Day, Allied invasion of Germany 1944-45, and Soloman Islands+Rabaul+New Guinea+Coral Sea. These are just a few.

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:48 am

Chairman wrote:I have maps that I drew on paper for Italy (Husky/Avalanche),
I really would like to see it!
I was working on my own map for A&A Mediterranean but it take me too long and I'm so busy with the business that at the moment I no have enough time for develope it.
I'm also redrawing my Total Wat map as I posted in the Game's photos and map section with more accurate territories and seazone.

In this period I also no have time for play any A&A's.
:cry:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:23 am

Mimmo, I saw the photos of your AA Total War. THAT IS TO DIE FOR!!!
The amount of work that you must have put into that is incredible.

As for Italy (Husky/Avalanche), I am having trouble posting images to this site. aka. I'm new. I would love to show you. Until then, I'll describe it to you. It runs from Austria in the north to Tunisia in the south and from Sardinia to Albania. There are several incarnations of the Apennine mountouns that prevent the shifting of troops from east to west and vice versa. There are 16 territories in Italy, 3 in Sicily and 1 in Sardinia. The Italians also control the 3 territories of Croatia, Montenegro, and Albania. The Allies start with 2 in Tunisia, 1 in Algeria, and 1 in Malta. The Germans control Germany, Austria, Hungary and Serbia.

The Italians have 50ipc, the Germans 20ipc, the UK 30ipc and the USA has 36ipc.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:58 pm

The Italians have 50ipc, the Germans 20ipc, the UK 30ipc and the USA has 36ipc.
How come? the allies have less?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I am still working out the quirks, though I must agree, this is kind of strange. I think that when I'm done, the game will be more balanced, maybe adding more convoys to the allies, and possibly an ability for the Germans to take Italian territory.