new bulge game pictures

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:39 pm

Yea Kursk.. release date july 4th 2007. Hes allready got the new panther tank now we need the new Elefant tanks and the katyuska rockets.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Well one point is that if sometimes somebody complains its really because they have a emotional attachment to the product not unlike how many Star Wars fans bag on George Lucas for introducing Jar Jar Binks... they still fully support it but want the very best to come from it. If you had no such comments either praise or less than flattering comments... then you dont have that "voice" to gauge how your doing. If everything is silent then thats terrible for business and you could be shooting in the dark soon enough.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:03 pm

Well, like I said, it's not really a complaint. More of a disappointment. When I first heard there'd be a Bulge game and 4 new minis, my first thought was Tigers. Just a gut reaction.

However I'm very pleased with the fact that there will be supply rules. And the D12 thing shows that we really can have an impact here! I'm looking forward to this game.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:35 pm

I am just thinking loud. How is the trucks supposed to work ? Is the truck the actual supply unit, or will it just cargo supply tokens and infantry ?

In my wiev, only combat units should be in plastic, and supply units in paper tokens. Or am i thinking far out ?

Love to finally see the 109 fighter. :D :D :D
Guess the Stuka will be used as dive bomber, right ?

Put me up for 2 copies only. (Norwegians and Scottish is the same mentality, its the Germans that have ass full of money)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:03 pm

I suspect the Trucks facilitate movement of infantry.

I too was hoping for a tiger tank, rather than fix the old german tank... to me it was not enough "bang" to make a new mold. I would have rather had halftracks for mech infantry, and a new artillery piece ( heavy artillery, anti- tank gun, nerberwerfer)

The plane is a good idea because the divebomber can be a new tactical ground fighter.

But again im really happy with what we got in the end. Thank god hasbro is supporting this game. BTW where is the Guadalcanal game? :shock:

The Americans and British have much more of them than Germany. I don't think they will be used for combat but rather to create logistics ( fuel, ammo) stocks to allow specific combat actions and facilitate particularly acute problems for the Germans who have much limited ability to engage in movement and possibly combat.

I hope their are some chits that Germany can pick up on the map that allow them to gain extra fuel or supplies allowing them for further actions

I dont think the new plane or tank have any specific value other than what we had before... they are just "repairs" on defective choices or design to better reflect the fun of the battle. Perhaps germany's divebomber will be used but in the campaign they were not a primary tool due to poor weather and even a poorer air force capability.

I also think that their will be some markers to allow infantry to "dig in" or at least something to allow for this to stem the grey tide of plastic pouring in.

I can't wait to play this game..I will mark each day on my calender as it approaches.

And im allready looking into house rules for this game and how to integrate the new pieces in revised. :shock:

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:26 am

I agree about the Tigers. I would've liked an allied dive bomber, a Tempest or Thunderbolt, as these really finished off the German armour when it got stalled due to lack of fuel.

The discussion about numbder of pieces brings up one of my old hobby horses again - Axis and Allies expansions, rather than whole new games.
My point is: how many people who buy BULGE don't already have shedloads of basic combat units, which could easily be used with this game?
Leave out the inf/arm/art/planes we already have, and give us more of the new units and markers.

I would really like AH to consider this for future products, as Stalingrad/Kursk/Midway expansion modules would appeal to me more than having to buy a whole box of repeat components again.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:40 pm

I am more than happy with the new panther, the revised and dday panthers were...ah er...yeah..that..!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:59 pm

Let's play yes and no..
You ask, I yes or no it.
Ready? Begin...