new bulge game pictures

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 am

The number of pieces has little to actually do with the quality of the game itself. In spite of what some say, Axis & Allies is not a box of toys. It’s supposed to be a game. A game with plastic pieces. There are enough pieces to play the game. The piece count is based on the game play requirements of the game. They are really pretty cool pieces if you ask me. Battle of the Bulge has 4 new pieces. An American duce-and-a half, a German Opel truck, a 109 fighter and one hell of a cool revised Panther. By the way, this stuff isn’t cheap! I look around and try to see who else is manufacturing this kind of game. Manufacturing these kinds of games and is still in business!

I’m kind of impressed with what HASBRO is and has been doing over the years. I owe a lot to this company. They continue to lead the charge up that hill that not many can or would venture off to. They’ve got the “hutzpah” to run not walk into this niche market area and produce the finest games of this type to be found anywhere.

This company (Hasbro) comes from and is firmly based in the Mass Market business. It's roots are firmly planted there. Yet, it finds the time and resources to keep pumping out these Axis & Allies games to a relatively small speaciality market business area. Occasionally they have disappointed some of us with the “thinness” of their National Control Markers or erroneous piece count packout, but you know what? THEY AWAYS MAKE GOOD for their short comings. They sometimes appear to be slow to react. Few of us know about the crusades being waged by a handful of people in the boardrooms and meeting rooms at this corporate giant. Hats off to these unsong hero's of games.

I didn’t wake up and want to do a Sunday sermon this morning but comments and concerns about piece counts and hating Hasbro sometimes compels me to speak up. Speak up in much the same way I would if I see someone falsely accused or unfairly convicted of something. It's always easy to through rocks and trash at the big guy on the hill.

I couldn’t just let these comments pass with out commenting in return. I suggest, if you can’t support these efforts, at least recognize the effort that went into them. Being on both sides of this preverbal fence I see the efforts being made by the good people at Avalon Hill to keep this business growing. If Hasbro doesn’t continue to support this thin margin business adventure, then we’re going to be talking about cardboard counters and how many trees were used to make each game.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Larry must have received his 1st payment installment !!

we are all stoked about a new game, and thanks for letting us know about the new stuff before Il told us...Just tell us once before Il tells us !! :lol:

good luck Larry, I am sure it will be a hit and sit proudly next to my other AA games that I have bought of your series...just giving you a hard time!! lighten up, its just elbowsanchez after all, like my comments force any general concensus!!! ;p

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:22 pm

:lol:

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:45 pm

Oh man.. let me get this straight... Larry and the bulge game in one place? I may have to fly out to make it a trifecta.. J/k. I hope as soon as you can youl give us the heads up on what the game looks like and plays out.. just to wet the taste buds.. something like giving a new whisky to the town drunk :wink: :roll:
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:37 am

Thank you Larry, we norwegians have been waiting a long time for this. I love the 4 new units already. We have also been playing D-day a lot, and love the tactical game a lot, (hate the cards, anyway).

Tanks to IL too, for joining in that norwegian discussion board, we sure kicked some asses, he he.

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:01 am

Larry wrote:The number of pieces has little to actually do with the quality of the game itself. In spite of what some say, Axis & Allies is not a box of toys. It’s supposed to be a game. A game with plastic pieces. There are enough pieces to play the game. The piece count is based on the game play requirements of the game. They are really pretty cool pieces if you ask me. Battle of the Bulge has 4 new pieces. An American duce-and-a half, a German Opel truck, a 109 fighter and one hell of a cool revised Panther. By the way, this stuff isn’t cheap! I look around and try to see who else is manufacturing this kind of game. Manufacturing these kinds of games and is still in business!

I’m kind of impressed with what HASBRO is and has been doing over the years. I owe a lot to this company. They continue to lead the charge up that hill that not many can or would venture off to. They’ve got the “hutzpah” to run not walk into this niche market area and produce the finest games of this type to be found anywhere.

This company (Hasbro) comes from and is firmly based in the Mass Market business. It's roots are firmly planted there. Yet, it finds the time and resources to keep pumping out these Axis & Allies games to a relatively small speaciality market business area. Occasionally they have disappointed some of us with the “thinness” of their National Control Markers or erroneous piece count packout, but you know what? THEY AWAYS MAKE GOOD for their short comings. They sometimes appear to be slow to react. Few of us know about the crusades being waged by a handful of people in the boardrooms and meeting rooms at this corporate giant. Hats off to these unsong hero's of games.

I didn’t wake up and want to do a Sunday sermon this morning but comments and concerns about piece counts and hating Hasbro sometimes compels me to speak up. Speak up in much the same way I would if I see someone falsely accused or unfairly convicted of something. It's always easy to through rocks and trash at the big guy on the hill.

I couldn’t just let these comments pass with out commenting in return. I suggest, if you can’t support these efforts, at least recognize the effort that went into them. Being on both sides of this preverbal fence I see the efforts being made by the good people at Avalon Hill to keep this business growing. If Hasbro doesn’t continue to support this thin margin business adventure, then we’re going to be talking about cardboard counters and how many trees were used to make each game.
Larry,

Well done. Well said. All too often those on the boards start complaining about things that are way out of there realm of thought when it comes to putting a game like this together and then getting it played.

Now, no disrespect from those making comments, I am not pointing you out, just responding to the point that is being made by Larry.

Sometimes you guys just have no idea of the efforts put forward by the people behind the lines...!

Peace,
GS 8)

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:34 am

Larry wrote:Battle of the Bulge has 4 new pieces. An American duce-and-a half, a German Opel truck, a 109 fighter and one hell of a cool revised Panther.
No Tigers?!?!? :(

Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I'm a little disappointed. Guess I'll get over it, though. Like you said, the game's the thing...
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:06 pm

haha Krieghund!! I know what to get Larry for XMAS or his birthday...

A box of cheese and crackers to go along with all the whine !!!

come to think of it, yeah Tiger tanks would have been sexy ;)

perhaps for his Kursk game next year ;)

ES
-The evil Bert & friend