the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
GSmorey

Re: the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Post by GSmorey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Larry wrote:Ahhh... back to topic (Russian naval miniatures) I want every body to know that it was both IL and Smorey who INSISTED that there be a new Russian Battleship in the game. I was completely against it! One of them held me down while the other kicked me in the .... :!: :!: :!: 's :lol:

I still took great joy in how well they were working together as team. Made me feel warm and fuzzy all over..... hahahaha.
Ah, yes...but with much resistance I must add...I am still sore from the lashing! :shock:
Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM
SmoreySwamp: Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM: GEN CON, ORIGINS, Spring Gathering
Web: headlesshorseman2.com

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Larry wrote:Ahhh... back to topic (Russian naval miniatures) I want every body to know that it was both IL and Smorey who INSISTED that there be a new Russian Battleship in the game. I was completely against it! One of them held me down while the other kicked me in the .... :!: :!: :!: 's :lol:

I still took great joy in how well they were working together as team. Made me feel warm and fuzzy all over..... hahahaha.
GS and IL, playing Axis and Allies in a tree... :lol:

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:15 am

GS and IL, playing Axis and Allies in a tree... :lol:
Stop complaining. I want to read nothing about complaints.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

I was just wondering about the new Russian BB. Does that mean that Russia might have more naval presence in AA40E. If this was the case the molds would most likely have been done so using the same sculpts for AA42 would be a no brainer. From what I read Russia had a fairly large navy built mostly for defense. It was also spread out at its 4 main sea ports. Of course most of the Soviet ports were blocked by the axis,so they couldn't move freely. Just a thought.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 pm

he composition of the Soviet fleets in 1941 included:

* 3 battleships
* 7 cruisers (including 4 modern Kirov-class cruisers)
* 59 destroyer-leaders and squadron-destroyers (including 46 modern Type 7 destroyers and Type 7U destroyers)
* 218 submarines
* 269 torpedo boats
* 22 patrol vessels
* 88 minesweepers
* 77 submarine hunters and a range of other smaller vessels

Well i think that the AAE40 should have a Soviet Cruiser and Destroyer, 2 Submarines and 2 Transports.

I would have 1 DD in black sea with transport, 1 SS and in Baltic, and 1 CA in arctic sea with transport.

I would like to see cards that allowed for various extras for each player and one perhaps allowing them a one time build of a BB for say 14 IPC.... just to get some new strategies in the Soviet players corner.

But then again most of the Soviet Navy was riffraf because it was poorly maintained and Stalin got rid of everyone who had any skills in his armed forces.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Larry.

Why did you choose Gangut class ? It looks like an ugly floating gas station. Soyus class looks much better. I guess the French will use the russian naval molds, since WOTC are still cheap. If you used the Soyus class that would have been ok since it looks very similar to the French Richeli class, but as it is now the French will get a floating gas station as battleship.

This is not a complain, its a praise, I dont like the French.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:35 pm

It looks like an ugly floating gas station..
exactly.

I can see it now.

Skipper: Hey sailor fill up my submarine with ethyl and make it pronto! I got to fight the Nazi navy today and i want my 100 scalps and business is a booming.

Gilligan: Hey professor give me a hand with the pumps they are heavy.
Last edited by Imperious leader on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Maybe the Russia BB sculpt will be used as a tanker in the AA40 expansion set along with oil rigs and block houses due out X-mas 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol: