the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
GSmorey

Re: the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Post by GSmorey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 am

Larry wrote:It's not really my business ... well maybe it is to some extent, but I wish you guys could get along better. The way I see it, all of us have an underlining commonality and interest that not everyone shares - Namely Axis & Allies. Hey, please try to get along. We're all here in this trench holding off those oncoming enemy tanks and trying to defend our part of the line. If we spent more time and energy focused on the enemy (indifference), we could make one hell of a stand here. There are some really bright guys here. Let's respect and recognize those things we have in common and spend less time arguing. Otherwise, somebody is going to get pissed off and leave- We'll all be less for it. Now if I've got to come back here again and tell you to pipe down... :roll:
First off, Larry, I agree, it is your business. And second, I do need to apologize that this even came up. I guess I just felt that IL was starting in on his attack of the new information regarding the game before it is even in production and or in the store, and I just don't believe this forum warrants that...then:
Larry wrote:Yeah, I guess to kind of put a cap on this subject, I’d like to say that I see the need for, and the “cool factor”- of, having Italian ships added to the sculpts line up. I think everybody does. The feasibility of this depends on many, many factors, few of which are mine. You’ve got to understand… I’m not sitting in some big thrown directing all these people around. At times I simply have to be but one voice among many. This product line has expanded in terms of game pieces at a pretty fast clip. It will continue to do that providing there is an viablet ratio between cost and pricing. The last thing I want is for my publisher to lose money and the 2nd to last thing I want to do is be forced to sell a product at too high a price tag. Your special request for Italian naval pieces has been heard. There are so many ways to go with these sculpts… and only a few can be added at a time.
This is my point exactly...many have no idea what goes into what you do and when IL starts in with his diatribe about AA, IMHO, it just deminishes the efforts of AA team/community and the games which are designed and developed.

And not to mention his creditability, in my book, doesn't hold a grain of salt regarding AA after his lack of respect to show up on time for a final a few years back at GC LA. I could just imagine if he was given a hill to attack in battle and he decides to show up late; tell that to those that fought hard to get there and then left hangin...yeah, I'd give him a swift kick in the ass with all the "I Hopes" he has as an excuse...

I am done now, I said my peace and thanks for the info.

See you in a few days...

Peace,
Gregory J. Smorey
Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM
SmoreySwamp: Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM: GEN CON, ORIGINS, Spring Gathering
Web: headlesshorseman2.com

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 am

Looking forward to seeing you too my friend...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Comments noted. :roll:
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Captain Crunch

Post by Captain Crunch » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

GSmorey, I don't know you or IL but even after Larry himself politely requested that we all be friends here you had to come on one last time to get your hits on IL. THAT tells you a lot about a person.
Regards,
Captain Crunch

Take time from your busy day to play Axis & Allies and to eat a bowl of cereal.

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:24 am

i agree with the capt.
Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am

Captain Crunch wrote:GSmorey, I don't know you or IL but even after Larry himself politely requested that we all be friends here you had to come on one last time to get your hits on IL. THAT tells you a lot about a person.
Yes, it obviously tells one about those that make comments of this nature while some can't read well enough to understand and comprehend what was posted in this thread, and then make childish comments like this. Wait, with a forum name like Captain Crunch and this being your first post on Larry's site, you need to consider addressing those you don't know with a little more consideration and respect. I'm quite certain I've earned it.

Peace,
Gregory J. Smorey
Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM
SmoreySwamp: Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM: GEN CON, ORIGINS, Spring Gathering
Web: headlesshorseman2.com

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Ahhh... back to topic (Russian naval miniatures) I want every body to know that it was both IL and Smorey who INSISTED that there be a new Russian Battleship in the game. I was completely against it! One of them held me down while the other kicked me in the .... :!: :!: :!: 's :lol:

I still took great joy in how well they were working together as team. Made me feel warm and fuzzy all over..... hahahaha.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Well actually as you remember i wanted a new Japanese Battleship.

Sculpted in the look of a classic Kongo class Battlecruiser. Japan only had 2 Yamato class BB's and its not representative of her battleships to use a piece that just was perhaps her best battleship.

You would have created this piece and allowed the Yamato to become a new house rule piece.

The German eighty eight artillery is a bit skinny and we still have 3 allies that have the same exact artillery unit.

I know these pieces are expensive and i also know that with each new game you get them to replace them a little at a time to justify the development costs.

I am also a bit wondering why in AA42 that P-38 has returned? I really like the normal looking fighter for the Americans.

But no i am not complaining either.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.