the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
elbowsanchez

Re: the new russian naval miniatures in Axis & Allies 1942

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 pm

SOVIET BATTLESHIP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 am

I will repaint mine and make them japanese, because they look more like the Pagoda. Then i will take the Yamato and make it a special dreadnought that Japan can build up to 2 of ( 5-5-2-24 and 3 hits to sink) I will give them on to start by replacing one battleship.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm going to use mine as a door stop.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Seriously Larry, you do not know how happy to see the this :!: Maybe market it more (collect "X" sculpts) by including a collector sheet/card with the next AA game, showing each unit ever made (include classic), so we can check them off or just keep track of what we want. include even the nova came chit pics if you can (perhaps idea to be included in the AA bible book). In it also includes the next two games (new not named, and new not named). State what new units would be in those games, a kinda future release.

I don't think by telling us "what" the new two, or how many ever new sculpts that would be in those "can't tell ya" games would hurt anythings, and maybe by doing so, it would create a positive hype instead of critique of the play.

Go kick the marketing guy in the knee at WotC and sell this yet another great idea!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
-The evil Bert & friend

xxstefanx

Post by xxstefanx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 am

No nitpicking here - really great that we will see those 2 great new games - but Mimmo's original question is still not answered by a direct "yes", "no" or "probably", Larry! :mrgreen:

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:36 pm

My guess is that the new europe game will have a couple new sculpts, hopefully 2 of the perhaps 3 will be new italian.
-The evil Bert & friend

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 am

xxstefanx wrote:No nitpicking here - really great that we will see those 2 great new games - but Mimmo's original question is still not answered by a direct "yes", "no" or "probably", Larry! :mrgreen:
Thanks xxstefanx for come back in topic.
In fact my question was: since have been created the nice Soviet ships miniatures that will be difficult to see deployed on the game board, you can - at this point that Larry told us the imminent release of new and juicy Axis & Allies Europe 1940 - see also naval miniatures for ' Italy and maybe even in the same awaited reprint version of Anniversary?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 am

Yeah, I guess to kind of put a cap on this subject, I’d like to say that I see the need for, and the “cool factor”- of, having Italian ships added to the sculpts line up. I think everybody does. The feasibility of this depends on many, many factors, few of which are mine. You’ve got to understand… I’m not sitting in some big thrown directing all these people around. At times I simply have to be but one voice among many. This product line has expanded in terms of game pieces at a pretty fast clip. It will continue to do that providing there is an viablet ratio between cost and pricing. The last thing I want is for my publisher to lose money and the 2nd to last thing I want to do is be forced to sell a product at too high a price tag. Your special request for Italian naval pieces has been heard. There are so many ways to go with these sculpts… and only a few can be added at a time.