The Swastika: German feedback requested

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
Rising_Sun_Warrior

The Swastika: German feedback requested

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:24 am

So I noticed that the Nazi flag is ever so slightly obscured on the Anniversary Edition box art. This is no doubt so they can sell it in Germany without anyone raising a big stink about it. But that got me thinking. I realize that current German laws prohibit the display of anything that relates to the Nazi era except if it has a historical purpose. Isn't A&A a historical game? Ok, it's not a textbook or anything but still. I guess I'm just surprised that so many years after the end of WWII Germany still has this law.

I understand the purpose of the law, but it seems to go a bit far when you censor games that are set in that time. And it gets annoying if you have a model and the decals that come with it is just a red flag and an empty white circle. Any Germans find that annoying? I'd like some German feedback on this question: Do you think the swastika should be allowed in games and on models?
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:35 am

Lets ask IL, he's a real Hun

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Its against the law!

So it could never be on a shelf. That goes for Austria too.

Hiding it is the only way to make it so your not making different boxes, just to satisfy historical sensibilities.

Plus you cannot ship material with swastikas.

Its German collective guilt forced upon her by the victors and inculcated into the society by education, culture, media and outside forces.

As a result they no longer produce wargames and resorted to block games based on monopoly concept known as Eurogames.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Yeah right, you Germans never learn, I bet you will start the next world war too, if you can buy wargames with swastika-symbols that brainwash the kids, maybe even Larry contribute to this by making wargames, come to think about it we should ban wargames

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:31 pm

France starts those wars you speak of. The first one france started by isolating us by stealing our Russian ally and mobilizing for 3 years seeded on vengeance to take back German Alsace Lorraine. The second one we were just pushed in a corner like an animal with no where to move forward...thanks for reparations.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Rising_Sun_Warrior

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 am

Noooo, not Elsass-Lothringen! :cry:

Is it me or does Germany kind of look like a bean now? I'm used to seeing it in maps of WWI and II books where it has East Prussia attached; everytime I look at a map now I think Germany looks really small...
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Rising_Sun_Warrior wrote:everytime I look at a map now I think Germany looks really small...
yeah right, and they can blame France for that.

I bet most of the germans live in California today, who else would let Arnold run the 5.th biggest economy in the world ?

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 pm

I bet most of the germans live in California today, who else would let Arnold run the 5.th biggest economy in the world ?[
You... lol

By the way, you US americans (Why the hell people call you americans..?! Brazil, Argentina...those are americans too...) are not inocent in starting sh** around the world...