1942: Submission from Larry Harris

Original Axis & Allies 1984-2004
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:02 pm

Auto cad post pics of your old maps.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

as the 'case' may yet be

Post by GROGnads » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:04 am

Anyways, it sounds as if "Autocad" was 'playing' perhaps the "1941" version since the 'A&A' game itself does begin in "Spring 1942". The premise being that GERMANY will "begin" the WAR against the "Soviets", so the "Soviets" have a NON-"Combat" Turn first off, sort of like the "Russia Restricted" RULE. In this instance then that would be applicable, but for the "Regular" game, then no way since even then the "Soviets" were attempting to 'launch' their OWN "Major Offensive" at the time as well. A more accurate starting point might be such as "Winter 1941/1942" where a "X-mas Surprise" awaited the Germans during this. You would also have the proper "time frame" FOR the "Pearl Harbor" attack too, and how's about 'fixing' that little ' repnugget' ? I'd rather SEE a "random placement" for the 'US Carrier' instead of its "sitting duck 'O' death" position. Put the 'Battleship' at "Hawaii", and the 'Carrier' on the "West Coast" and might as well HAVE the "Soviet Capital" in its rightful "geographic" location huh? I guess that's just 'moi' eh?
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:20 pm

I love your innovative ideeas, Robert, but let me remind you that A&A Classic is out of print. Sad but true. :( And with a Revised as apeertizer we must now look forwards to the A&A Advanced game. This game will start in 1941, but with all Axis turn and all allies turn. And NO restrictions whatsoever.

GROGnads

actually

Post by GROGnads » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:03 am

YOU may not be fully aware of this little 'factoid' there "adlertag", BUT the "Classic" game is still around from what I've seen of this in select 'stores'! Mainly I've run across them in some "Toys Я Us" places, while every so often then there will be some out-of-the-way "Hobby Shop" that also has a copy or more sitting around gathering 'dust'. It just seemed to ME that either this "Autocad" fellow had tried out the "1941" set up, or perhaps something else that was around such as "Max's A&A" rules set for his "game" that he's recounting here. Not too many people are aware about this for such, along with the '4'-player "Alien Invaders" version either. I don't CARE for HOW they "messed UP" the GAME with the 'reviled' verson since it is total 'crap' with THAT. WHO wasn't 'doing' their proper "thinking" with the finished 'byproduct' won't FIX this, now would that? The entire "marketiing" scheme was FUBAR what with ALL of the now 'infamous' cock-ups as well huh?
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Blair

Post by Blair » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Why do a lot of people here seem to not like Revised compared to Classic? Is it the black water? :lol: I personally like the black-ish water. :P

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:41 pm

Because most of them are absolutely crazy.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Thats Doctor/Patient Confidentiality!

Autocad

Post by Autocad » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:55 am

Imperious leader wrote:Auto cad post pics of your old maps.

ok, I was trying to make a game of Tunisa, as in Kassarine pass. I allways felt that battle could have been a big victory for the Germans.
It's like the Battle of the Bulge, it's a gamble, the Germans HAVE to win, or they lose.
Ok, I have never photoshoped anything,( I'm still in the dark ages sometimes, but I do use Autocad) I really should try it. Is that an
Adobe program?

This is a really cool site here.